RX: Laughter – The Best Medicine
Today’s #motivationalmonday tip is to laugh as much as possible (authentically of course). Look for humor wherever and whenever you can!
Everyone loves a good laugh, but how often do you look for things to laugh about? Laughter is actually good for you. It can benefit your mental and physical well-being.
Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals.
Laughing with others also helps create stronger bonds in your relationships and, the best news is, this medicine is fun, free and easy to swallow!
This week, try one of these suggestions below to add humor to your day:
- Watch a funny clip on You Tube.
- Share the clip and laugh again with others.
- Memorize a few jokes to share.
- Spend time with people you find funny.
- Lighten up and find the humor in some of the things YOU think, say and do too!